2 cups all purpose flour (or unbleached white flour, all purpose gluten free flour or whole wheat pastry flour)
1 cup sugar (or organic sugar or sucanat)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons lemon zest, finely chopped
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup oil (or safflower, non-virgin olive, or sunflower oil)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup non-dairy milk
2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries
¼ cup non-hydrogenated margarine
¼ cup sugar (or organic sugar or sucanat)
¾ cup all purpose flour (or unbleached white flour, all purpose gluten free flour or whole wheat pastry flour)
1 1/8 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine dry cake ingredients.
2. Combine wet cake ingredients. Stir into the dry ingredients and combine well.
3. Stir in blueberries. Lightly oil a 9.5” by 13.5” pan and evenly spread the batter within.
4. Stir the streusel items together very well until thoroughly combined and crumbly. Evenly spread over the blueberry cake. Bake for one hour, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before icing the cake.
5. Combine the icing ingredients. When the cake is slightly cooled, drizzle the icing over the top. Makes 12 servings.
From: “Radiant Health, Inner Wealth.”