Sugar Cookie Ingredients:
1 cup margarine
3 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 whole egg replacements (Ener-G)
1/4 cup tofu cream cheese (Tofutti)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mini vegan marshmallows (Sweet & Sara)
1 cup walnuts, chopped coarsely
1 cup chocolate flavored chips
1. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar. Stir in the egg replacements and vanilla. Gradually add the flour, baking powder and tofu cream cheese. Form the dough into 2 discs and wrap in cellophane. Refrigerate for a couple hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the cookie sheets or use a non-stick foil.
3. On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place about 1 inch apart cookie on sheets.
4. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, until bottoms and edges just start to get light brown.
5. Just before cookies come out of oven, melt chocolate chips. I use the microwave – high for about 1 minute, then stir until completely melted. Watch out, microwaves vary and it is easy to scorch your chocolate.
6. Remove cookies from oven, spread with approximately 1 tsp. chocolate per cookie, then top with coarsely chopped walnuts and marshmallows. Return to oven for 2 more minutes for the marshmallows to soften.
7. Remove from oven and place on racks to cool.