4 potatoes, chopped
2 tbsp nonhydrogenized vegetable oil spread
1/4 cup milk substitute
salt and pepper to taste
1 onion, diced
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups vegetarian burger crumbles
1 1/4 cups vegetarian brown gravy
1/2 cup green peas
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or lightly oil a cassarole dish.
2. Boil or microwave potatoes until soft. Drain and mash with the margarine and soy milk. Add a bit of salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Prepare the vegetarian brown gravy on the stovetop. Also prepare the peas.
4. Sautee the onion for a few minutes, until tender, in the vegetable oil. Add burger crumbles, gravy and garlic powder. Cook until burger crumbles are hot.
5. Pour the burger crumble and gravy mixture into the cassarole dish. Drain the peas and layer them on top of the burger. Spread the mashed potatoes over the peas. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the mashed potatoes begin to turn golden brown.